Since 2008, we have provided free, independent, quality journalism from all perspectives, covering all aspects of Scottish life.
There has never been a greater need for balanced coverage of Scottish life. The Caledonian Mercury is unique in encouraging all the voices of Scotland to be expressed.
But we need your help. Online advertising alone does not generate enough money to pay for the running of the paper. And we do not want to flood the site with ads or charge for access to the site. So we are asking our readers to become patrons by donating towards the running costs of the publication. You do not have to become a patron: the site is still free to access.
You can choose to pay
- £3.50 per week (equivalent to 50p a day)
- £2.10 per week (equivalent to 30p a day)
- £6.00 per month (equivalent to 20p a day)
- £4.50 per month (equivalent to 15p a day)
- £36.50 per year (equivalent to 10p a day)
- £21.90 per year (equivalent to 6p a day)
- £18.25 per year (equivalent to 5p a day)
- £14.60 per year (equivalent to 4p a day)
- £10.95 per year (equivalent to 3p a day)
Or nothing at all.
If you do donate, then your generous help will pay for ambitious improvements to the site. Here are some examples of what we’d like to do:
- Expanded coverage in key areas, including politics
- Regular newsletters on niche topics
- Launching of podcasts covering politics and history
- Improvements to the appearance and functionality of the website
Thank you for reading The Caledonian Mercury. And thank you for your support.
Editor, The Caledonian Mercury